Prologue

Maybe you are asking yourself  "how did I end up here?!", but I'm sure this is no mistake. I am clearly addressing to a specific fraction of the visitors, and that is the fraction of those who already started to think about being a farmer, or at least, moving away from the technology. 

I have started to learn how to code at a young age, when I was in the 8th grade, just before going to high school. I could tell anyone back then that I want to be a programmer (specifically a web designer - which now I know, it doesn't require much code skills). I ended up becoming a full stack developer after 4 years of high school and another 3 of college, celebrating next summer 3 years of coding for the so called "client". I am currently working as a MarkLogic developer, something related to enterprise NoSQL, semantics and millions of documents - something that I've never thought I would do, but I'm grateful that I am learning loads of things, which I couldn't learn doing something else.

Coming back to the question "how did I end up here", I have an answer for you: maybe, you are already bored of the technology you deliver for "someone", or maybe you want to do more, or maybe you like also nature and would like to spend some of the time doing something completely different from coding - whatever the reason is, I can tell you mine:

I got sick of laying my but 8 hours or more each day to code something I don't always enjoy, but I thought of something that makes me happier and more healthy, and that is "Farming".
I'll try to build up this blog around the small project I have recently started which is called "The Selah project", so hopefully, you'll enjoy it :).

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The blooming season

The next great step: fertilizing the freshly planted trees

How all started